Last updated on March 23rd, 2020 at 12:47 pm
I first tried this chocolate brownie pecan tart at a hotel where I was staying in Bournemouth. The owner (at that time) Tara Howard sent me the recipe.
This chocolate brownie pecan tart recipe was a firm favourite of the hotel's ‘afternoon tea' and a guarded secret – we can see why. It does taste wonderful and served with a dollop of ice cream and fresh in-season strawberries you will be fighting off your dinner guests for seconds.
- 250g plain flour
- 35g icing sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
Method for the tart case
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the flour and mix until breadcrumb consistency.
- Add the egg and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and work for 30-40 seconds, wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out on a floured work surface and place in a greased tart tin. Top with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans and bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and greaseproof paper and bake for a further 3-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
Chocolate brownie pecan filling
- 185g butter
- 150g chocolate (dark 70%)
- 300g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60g flour
- 180g pecans – roughly chopped
Method for the chocolate brownie pecan filling
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
- Add the sugar and mix well
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the eggs.
- Beat in the flour.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Place in the tart case and bake at 160 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
Et voila! One beautifully indulgent, chocolatey nutty tart. It should be soft and gooey in the middle when cooled and still hold its shape.
- If you love chocolate, then try our hot chocolate fondant recipe
- Make this recipe and enjoy it with a proper espresso
You can get ‘chefy' and decorate it with fresh fruits, syrup and cream. Dressed up or dressed down, this tart is sure to impress.